Tuesday, June 27
Neglected Book

I finally finished reading The King of Torts by John Grisham last night. It doesn't usually take me this long to read a book, 2-3 days tops, depending on how much time I have ... I guess I just haven't been in read mode these past couple of weeks. I'm not sure how I feel about this book. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge JG fan, I recently read and enjoyed Bleachers, The Broker was great and I've read The Brethren (my JG favorite) at least 3x's, but the moral of this story felt empty.

It has great characters, as do all his novels, moves at a great pace and I learned about the greed that drives lawsuit lawyers, but I wasn't sure how to feel about the main character Clay Carter. He gets whirlwind pulled into this new world of law and gets caught up in the greed and spending without a second thought to his new clients. Of course the inevitable happens: his new found luck takes a turn for the worst, he starts to loose everything, but manages to find his morals again and doesn't end up to badly by the end of the book.
All in all, still an entertaining read. I can't wait for The Innocent Man (Grisham's first non-fiction book) to come out this fall. The book will chronicle the life of
Ronald Keith Williamson.

Expand your vocabulary and your imagination --- read a book!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer