Wednesday, July 12
Idiot Box

I did something today that I rarely ever do.
I sat down in front of a T.V. and channel surfed.
First of all, I'd like to say: daytime programming sucks! Second of all, what is with all of the baby-mama-drama trying to find out who your babys-daddy is and endless parade of morons airing their disgusting and pathetic sex lives on national tv?! Then there's the supporter of legalizing marijuana and his psychic friend/guest-host (get me some hedge clippers for those fingernails) who is so blase about her answers. And how can we leave out the one show that was specifically tailor-made for all of the (cringe) trailer-park folks. Thirdly: why all of the court shows? Other than a Judge sitting behind his bench in a robe - I see no difference between baby-mama-drama, pot-head, or trailer park.

Oh man, then there are the soap-operas (why opera?) ...
everyone has slept with everybody - then they find out that they may be related somehow (eww), every other person has some sort of diabolical plot to rid themselves of a competitor and everyone who dies or are killed off, comes back from the dead (at least once). This is the standard plot-line to all soap-operas everywhere.

Anyway, to sum up this rant: Daytime T.V. sucks!




4 Comments:

Blogger Merlin said...

you live in America-nuf said. Just don't even bother watching TV. full stop.
In the uk we have endless adverts for car insurance and baths you can stand up in.-at least they're funny!
peace out SDC-still loving your comments-you're a sweetheart-straight up,
big hug,
Merlin

Blogger Sherry said...

Awe ... thanks Merlin.

Funny ads huh?
I did always enjoy those classic BBC comedy shows. They get aired here on PBS.

Blogger Angie Pansey said...

Totally agree with you, we get the American run-off so we get the exact same crap daytime tv. When I was off two weeks ago for my busted foot, all I saw were the different judges (Judy, the white guy, the black guy, the latina, etc) and the lame talk shows (Maury, Jerry, etc). I ended up surfing the net everyday instead! I suppose if I was intelligent I could've read a book...

Blogger Sherry said...

I feel for you Super Freak - a busted foot AND crap American TV ...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer