Monday, January 15
A Dream That Should Never Be Forgot



Martin Luther King, Jr. sought to forge the common ground on which people from all walks of life could join together to address important community issues. Working alongside individuals of all ages, races and backgrounds, Dr. King encouraged Americans to come together to strengthen communities, alleviate poverty, and acknowledge dignity and respect for all human beings. Service, he realized, was the great equalizer.



If you want to be important - wonderful.
If you want to be recognized - wonderful.
If you want to be great - wonderful.
But recognize that he who is greatest among you shall be your servant.
That's a new definition of greatness.
And this morning, the thing that I like about it: by giving that definition of greatness, it means that everybody can be great,
because everybody can serve.

You don't have to have a college degree to serve.
You don't have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve.
You don't have to know about Plato and Aristotle to serve.
You don't have to know Einstein's theory of relativity to serve.
You don't have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve.
You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love.
And you can be that servant.


Read, listen and watch Martin Luther King, Jr. deliver his "I Have A Dream" speech given on August 28, 1963 at the Lincoln Memorial, Washington D.C.



7 Comments:

Blogger nouseforaname said...

I love that you throw in the educational and historical stuff... for us superficial types it is like our lil school... thanks baby cakes...

Blogger SamuraiFrog said...

Beautifully done.

Blogger Tumuli said...

Yes, definitely. Your posts are so thoughtful and informative -- especially this one. Thank you.

Blogger Sherry said...


Shroom-Monkey: School, huh? Does that mean I can spank you with my ruler when you misbehave?

SamuraiFrog: Thank you kind sir.

Tumuli: Aww, thank you. And you're welcome.

Blogger nouseforaname said...

hot damn, of course.... I actually got a wee bit excited reading that.... loca...

Blogger Angie Pansey said...

I agree wholeheartedly with everyone above - you always teach and/or remind us about things in our world we may overlook.

I've got it bad...so bad. I'm hot for teacher. ;-)

Blogger Sherry said...


Oh Angela, you always make me smile, babe.

I think I'm going to have to come up with a hot teacher outfit now ... I just hope I don't get into trouble for "messing" around with all of my yummy little students
;-p

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer