Saturday, January 27
Amadeus

There's a place that I like to go.
A place for me that no one else knows.
It's full of beautiful sights and sounds.
Full of colors that have not been named.
There are no signs or directions to show you the way.
You have to close your eyes and listen.
You have to let your heart lead the way.

The piano is one of my favorite instruments. The sound and beauty transcends all barriers to tell you a story, to share with you it's inner most thoughts and emotions. All it asks in return is that you lovingly stroke and caress it's beautiful ivory skin.

This is how I feel whenever I hear piano compositions.
This is what I feel every time I listen to Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart, better known as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. I'm transported into another realm where the impossible does not exist and everything can be explained.

In honor of one of the greatest composers of classical music, I give thanks for opening up the boundaries of my world and wish you a Happy Birthday.

January 27, 1756 - December 5, 1791

Mozart's attributed last words:
The taste of death is upon my lips.
I feel something, that is not of this earth.



6 Comments:

Blogger nouseforaname said...

bow down, you are sooo awesome Sherry... my sexy lil teacher- see I always learn something new....

Blogger Tumuli said...

Here, here. Though now I can't stop thinking of the Falco song...

You always pick the really good birthdays to note around here, which is increasingly rare with Paris Hilton & others running around these days.

Those are some eloquent last words as well.

Blogger Angie Pansey said...

Most excellent, my scrumptious Sherrylicious. I am 100% with you on the piano. It's one of the most beautiful-sounding instruments.

And I have to agree with Tumuli. Rock me, Amadeus!

Mad love, xoxoxo

Blogger Sherry said...


Shrooms: Stop (not really), you're making me blush.

Tumuli: His mind was on rock and roll and having fun
Because he lived so fast he had to die so young.
But he made his mark in history.
Still ev'rybody says:
Rock me Amadeus
...

2 Dollar: Thanks for the compliment. The birthdays that I note here are the ones that have had a profound impact on my life in some way.

Angela: I've loved the piano ever since the age of about 6. It speaks to my soul.
Amadeus, Amadeus, Amadeus,
Amadeus, Amadeus, Amadeus,
Oh oh oh Amadeus
.
;-p

Blogger Garrett said...

Mozart, 261 years old and still touring with Neil Young! What a trooper!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer