Monday, February 19
Hours In My Day

It's going on 50 hours and I've still not slept.
My body goes through the motions it must,
all to familiar with this type of abuse.
My mind, irritated by all who cross my path,
is still processing at 100 mph.
I glare, I snap.
I use my lack of sleep as an excuse
to let the bitch-monster run amok all those who annoy me.
I know I should get to bed, but the need and want of sleep has passed.
It's been replaced with an awareness that borders delirium.
Everything and nothing makes sense.
Everything has a pulse.
I can see the beats pound out of my eyes.
I can hear the earth breathing.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go. To. Sleep.

Blogger nouseforaname said...

lay off the coffee.....

Blogger Sherry said...


Q: I did.

Shrooms: I wish caffeine had that effect on me. It actually relaxes me.

I think when you are hearing the Earth breathe that's definitely time to pack it in for some sleep.

There's a Tom Waits song I like called something like "The Earth Died Screaming" that also has something do with sleep. Hope you got some by now.

Blogger Sherry said...

I did, thanks.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer