Thursday, June 14
So You Think You Can Dance


Season 3, Week 1

Wednesday was the first night of competition for the third season on
So You Think You Can Dance. I started watching this show last season and got hooked. On the first day of competition of the second season, I immediately fell in love with Benji and Donyelle. They had such great chemistry and were so fun to watch.
Benji went on to win the competition.

I love most things having to do with dance. Shows, movies, competition, participation… but I am not a fan of Dancing With The Stars. I just can not bring myself to watch it. Dancing is not a career choice for those so-called stars; it is merely another attempt to extend the extinguishing limelight of their mediocre pseudo fame.

As of last night, my favorites are:

Anya, she’s sexy and entertaining. She’s partnered with Danny, who is the adopted brother of Travis from last season.
They make a hot dance couple.

And Lacey, Benji’s little sister. She’s a combination of her brother and her cousin Heidi, also from last season. I’m not sure if that’s going to work for or against her yet. But damn(!) she was great last night with this amazing contemporary piece that Mia Michaels choreographed. Her partner, Kameron, needs more time to show his talent and personality.

My other favorite dancer is Hok. I doubt he’ll make it to the top four, but he is just so adorable. He’s a great hip hop/b-boy/freestyle/street dancer, but I don’t think he has the technical ability to take on other styles of dance. Maybe he’ll surprise us and stick around for a while.

Standout routines:
The Cabaret dance choreographed by Wade Robson and performed by Sara and Jesus was a standout for being unique. The Smooth Waltz danced by Jessi and Pasha was surprisingly elegant. Broadway routines are always fun and energetic as were Shauna and Jimmy in theirs.

Tonight is the live results show. The bottom three couples, determined by the amount of votes that are made in two hours, have to go before the judges and dance for their chance to stay in the competition.
Get use to me talking about this show (or not), cause this is one of the things that I get geeky about.

*Update*
Ashlee and Ricky are the first ones voted off.



2 Comments:

Blogger JLee said...

I love this show too..and agree with your faves and the Mia Michaels dance Lacey and Kameron did. It was outstanding!

Blogger Sherry said...

Thanks for stopping by JLee. I'm glad that there's someone else who enjoys this show as much as I do. You'll have to let me know who your favorites are as the weeks go by.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer