Thursday, June 21
So You Think You Can Dance


Season 3, Week 2

1st couple: Neil and Lauren danced Hip Hop.
They are both good technical dancers, but I’m not sure how I feel about Lauren yet. I think she’s holding back. I do like Neil more this week than I did last week. He had some awesome acrobatic moves.

2nd couple: Pasha and Jessi dance a Jazz piece.
It was an African/Modern/Contemporary number choreographed by Tyce Diorio and I loved it! Pasha surprised me with the fluidity of his movements and Jessie is just an amazing dancer.

3rd couple: Hok and Jaimie danced the Samba.
It was choreographed by Jean Marc Genereux, who makes me laugh every time I see him because my mom, last season, described him as a gay Joe Pesci. A young, gay Joe Pesci.
I was already cringing just thinking about Hok and Latin dancing, but was pleasantly surprised that my boy can move his hips. The technical aspect of the Samba wasn’t there, but the performance aspect of it was wonderfully entertaining and I think Hok will be safe for another week. Poor Jamie, Hok is so popular from his previous auditions and has a large following (me included) that she gets a little overlooked. It’s a good thing that she’s busting out in other places.

4th couple: Dominic and Sabra.
I did not particularly enjoy their Disco routine from last week, but I fell in love with their contemporary dance this week. Who knew that a cocky B-boy could open up his horizons and connect emotionally with a piece like this?

5th couple: Cedric and Faina dance the Fox Trot.
Individually they are great in their styles, but as partners, they suck.
I think they are going to find themselves in the bottom three couples again and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the last week for one or both of them.

6th couple: Kameron and Lacey do Broadway

They are one of my favorite couples and I love them again this week. They danced to All That Jazz from Chicago and had fun while doing it. It also helped that Lacey looked hot in her shorts and garters.

7th couple: Danny and Anya dance the Viennese Waltz

I fell in love with Anya during her auditions and continue to fall in love with her. This waltz with Danny shows how great they are as partners. They are so beautiful together and they are my favorite couple on the show. Nigel said it best when he said: “For all the people who know absolutely nothing about dancing, they will have watched that and said how beautiful.”

8th couple: Jimmy and Shauna dance Hip Hop
The choreography was good, it was a mix of hip hop and stepping. In the end, it just didn’t work for me. The stepping seemed to be forced and in slow motion. It may have been the red lighting they used for those moves, but I just didn’t like it that much.

9th couple: Jesus and Sara and the Paso Doble
The movement and emotions were there. BUT the music was absolutely, completely, horrendously wrong! The Paso Doble is a traditional Spanish dance that portrays the relationship between a Matador and a bull and should never, ever, for any reason be danced to a bonus remix of Queen’s We Will Rock You.
I think gay Joe Pesci screwed them on their music selection this week, but hopefully it won’t affect the voting too much.

*Update*
Jimmy and Faina were voted off this week.
I'm actually a little pissed about the judges decision in keeping Cedric. I was certain that he would be the male dancer to go this week. At least Nigel made a very direct point of telling Cedric that if he screwed up next week, uniqueness or not, he would not be saved.
I'm going to go ahead and say that Cedric will be gone next week along with Shauna or Jaimie, but who knows... just my opinion.

My thoughts on week 1



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer