Monday, August 6
Voyeur

Today's Monday Movie Moment is brought to you by:


Back off or I'll throw it where you can't follow.

Take it easy, that's sixty gigs of my life.

Even better.

Okay -- okay --

What are you doing?

What are you doing?

I'm trying to enjoy my party. Wait, that's wrong. According to you, I'm trying to conform.

Could've fooled me.

What does that mean?

Forget --

No, I'm not gonna forget it.

You wanna blend in with that crowd, fine, then stop looking up and trying to get a rise outta me.

So you were watching me. Question is for how long? Just tonight? Or maybe a week? Two weeks? Since I moved in?
And the whole "my-neighbor's-the-killer" thing. Great cover --

It's not a cover --

So what is it, Kale? Huh? What else have you seen?

What else have I seen?

Yeah. What else?

Okay -- I've seen how you always pull your Kleenex from the box in groups of three. Not two, not four, always three. I've seen you're the only one in the world who eats pizza-flavored Pringles. And you never stuff the chips in, you savor each one by dividing it into four precise bites. I didn't know that was even possible. You're also the first girl I've ever seen who spends more time on her roof than in her own house. And what do you do out there? You don't talk on the phone, you don't paint your nails, you read books. Now one would think with the whole numbers thing you've got going on that you'd put them on your shelf alphabetically, but you don't. Your system's much more perfect. The ones you like go on the bottom, the ones you love go in the middle, and the ones you need, the ones you keep going back to... well they go straight to the top next to the dream encyclopedia. You know what all this tells me? You know how things should be. The world according to Ashley. And guess what? It's a very entertaining and beautiful thing. Even when it takes a hit. When you end up in a place like this... when your parents dump their baggage on you, or just... when it seems like those curve balls are never gonna stop -- It sucks, but just so you know -- I get it.
But I've also seen those designer window shades of yours, and guess what? They always go up the next day -- no matter what. And even if no one else has, I've noticed that. And I ain't sorry. The only thing I'll even consider apologizing for is... not dropping the binoculars and telling you this a lot sooner.

That was either the creepiest... or the sweetest thing I've ever heard.



3 Comments:

Blogger Tumuli said...

Was this worth seeing? Heard it was...

Blogger SamuraiFrog said...

It wasn't bad. Becomes an action flick in the third act, but that's American filmmaking for you.

Blogger Sherry said...


Tumuli: You're question got answered by a true film lover and critic.
As for me, I enjoyed the film.

Hey, Froggy!
;-p

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer