Wednesday, September 13
More Shit That Bugs Me

  • That I have to listen to muzak versions of rock n’ roll when I get in the elevator. You’re desecrating the music of my youth. Damn you Muzak Corp.!
  • Speaking of music, I want my MTV back! Where in the hell did all of the actual music videos go? If I wanted to know about the superficial mundane lives of celebrities or watch your version of mind-numbing reality shows I wouldn’t tune into a channel whose logo is suppose to be the embodiment of music! Change back to your 80’s format, and while you’re at it – get rid of all of those damn VJ’s who are desperately clinging to their youth and or are trying to propel their pathetic careers past the allotted 15 minutes.
  • Paris Hilton. Her 15 minutes of fame is grating on the nerves of my nightmares. Only in America can a no talent whoring socialite become famous. She is so not hot.
  • The entertainment news media who deems it necessary to assign annoyingly cute nicknames to current "it" couples. I wonder if Jennifer Garner feels ripped?
  • That we are becoming an iPod nation. How many versions are going to end up coming out? iTV is next and is actually a cool concept, but damnit, what's wrong with sporting a jam box on your shoulder? Retro is cool ya know ... hahaha ...
  • Proactive Solution infomercials. How many celebrities are going to jump in on this endorsement? LaLaLohan is the most recent and I see that P.Diddy is no longer listed on their website. Now I know that I saw his ugly mug on there late one night chatting it up with Vanessa Williams. I guess he thinks he's too good for that now.
  • Diddy, Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Puffy, and Sean John (pick a name already!). Since you've removed, out of what I'm guessing is shame, your face and endorsement of Proactive solution, maybe you can now concentrate on how to actually close your mouth. You know - where your lips actually touch each other. The open mouth effect doesn't make you look sexy. Or am I out of line here? Maybe it's a cosmetic problem and you need some dental work to help you out with that. It's not like you can't afford it. Or maybe all of those White Parties you like to throw are putting a dent into those funds.



6 Comments:

Blogger SamuraiFrog said...

Oh, Sherry. You're a woman after my own heart. Oh, man, I remember rainy days where my friends and I had to play indoors and we could have MTV on in the background and listen to music all day long.

Sadly, the "Bennifer" shorthand isn't remotely new. Back in the thirties Greta Garbo was a media sensation, and her affair with John Gilbert was as ominpresent and irritating as, well, Bennifer (the first one). The papers called them "Gilbo." Doesn't that actually make you sicker now, to know that this is an old trend?

Ooh, yeah, I hate Dip Shitty Combs. I still don't know why I'm supposed to be impressed by him or, in fact, even know his name. And I just saw a Proactive commercial with Brooke Shields, which surprised the hell out of me. I wonder if Tom Cruise is waiting in the wings to tell her that she could have gotten rid of her zits with vitamin water and prayer...

Blogger Tumuli said...

You hit all the right spots. Something seriously is awry with our celeb-obsessed "infotainment."

Can you believe that "Diddy" will soon be a father twice over?!

Anyway, on with the MTV overhaul. It is long overdue.

Blogger Sherry said...


SamuraiFrog: I didn't know about "Gilbo". You learn something new everyday.

Shroom-Monkey: Now Playboy won't have to pay them as much since we've all seen their goods.

Tumuli: I didn't even know he was already a father! Well, hopefully the kid(s) looks like the mom ...

Blogger Angie Pansey said...

Is it wrong that the "shit that bugs you" always leaves me laughing my head off?!

Naturally I'm not laughing at you, but your biting wit and sarcasm and uncanny ability to speak the truth. I can picture you on the evening news, like Peter Griffin doing "What Really Grinds My Gears" on The Family Guy. Except you'd be a thousand times smarter and funnier!

xoxoxo :-)

Blogger NDM said...

Hostile like me...love it. :)

Pelican hates Lohan too. I didn't give a shit at first until all these stupid pics of the Hollywood Whore Clan started clogging up my news and inbox. They tried to sell it to me as infotainment...

Bullshit!

These skanks simply are...in the immortal words of Michael Bolton in the movie Office Space...no-talent ass clowns. I've never been so disinterested and unexcited about seeing chicks naked in my life. That is, until these skeezes came sashaying up and burned my corneas...

Blogger Sherry said...


Angela: Hmmm ... I think that I might have to steal The Family Guy, segment for this on going list ... I'm glad that it makes you laugh.

NDM: It's sad when saggy ass Paris and abused looking Lohan are part of the news - or rather that their "bits" become part of the news, ugh.

Office Space rocks! And to quote Milton: OK but, that's the last straw ... (if I see nasty snatch again).

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer