Monday, June 25
Ghostbusters

Today’s Monday Movie Moment is brought to you by various scenes from Ghostbusters that I find funny.



Listen!
Do you smell something?


What the hell are you doing?

-Sorry
-Sorry
-I’m sorry.
We thought you were someone else.

Successful test.

I guess so. Uh, I think we better split up

Good idea.

Yeah, we can do more damage that way.



Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full-trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster, and the theory of Atlantis?

If there’s a steady paycheck in it, I’ll believe anything you say.


Hey, Ray. Do you believe in God?

Never met him.

Yeah, well, I do.
And I love Jesus’ style, you know?

This roof cap is made of a magnesium-tungsten alloy.

What are you so involved with there?

These are the blueprints for the structural ironwork in Dana Barrett’s apartment building and they’re very, very strange.

Hey, Ray. Do you remember something in the Bible about the last days when the dead would rise from the grave?

I remember Revelations 7:12.
“And I looked as he opened the sixth seal and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became as black as sackcloth and the moon became as blood.”

“And the seas boiled, and the skies fell.”

-Judgment Day.
-Judgment Day.

Every ancient religion has its own myth about the end of the world.

Myth!
Ray, has it ever occurred to you that maybe the reason we’ve been so busy lately is because the dead have been rising from the grave.

How about a little music?



The Ghostbusters are here, Mr. Mayor.

Ghostbusters. Okay, the Ghostbusters.

Hey, where’s this Peck?

I am Walter Peck, sir, and I’m prepared to make a full report.
These men are consummate snowball artists.
They use sense and nerve gases to induce hallucinations.
People think they’re seeing ghosts.
And they call these bozos who conveniently show up to deal with the problem with a fake, electronic light show.

Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by Dickless here.

They caused an explosion.

Is this true?

Yes, it’s true.
This man has no dick.



It’s a girl.

It’s Gozer.

I thought Gozer was a man.

It’s whatever it wants to be.

Well whatever it is, it’s got to get by us.

Right.

Go get her, Ray!

Gozer the Gozerian?
Good evening.
As a duly designated representative of the City, County and State of New York I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.

That ought to do it. Thanks very much, Ray.

Are you a god?

No.

Then… die!
…..
…..
…..

Ray, when someone asks you if you’re a god you say, “Yes!”

All right.
This chick is toast!



3 Comments:

Blogger SamuraiFrog said...

I'm worried.

Why worry? Each of us is walking around with an unlicensed nuclear accelerator strapped to his back.

I just wish we'd had more time to test it. I blame myself.

So do I.

It's amazing to me that Ghostbusters could be so good, and then somehow it spawned Ghostbusters 2 - which was far from worthy.

Blogger Sherry said...


SamuraiFrog: Another great scene. That movie is just full of great lines.

Secret Rapture: Ummm... I don't do religion, but uh, thanks.

2Dollar: It's a classic. I think I've only seen 2 once. Just might have to watch it again sometime

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer