Thursday, June 28
So You Think You Can Dance

*Results Update Below*

Season 3, Week 3

1st couple: Jesus and Sara get Krump
I don’t normally like this style, it seems out of control and overly aggressive to me, but this was actual dancing with dramatic energy and was good. Sara is kickin’ some ass out there, representing a style usually dominated by men.

2nd couple: Cedric and Shauna dance Contemporary.
Even though it was choreographed by Mia Michaels, it was forgettable.

3rd couple: Kameron and Lacey dance the Quick Step.
One of my favorite couples and they don’t disappoint this week. They are so much fun to watch. I love them.

4th couple: Danny and Anya do Hip Hop.
I didn’t expect this routine to be all that great. It wasn’t as bad as I had expected. There were some great moves in there, but they looked a little out of their element. The routine had more of a Jazzy feel to me. I still love them.

5th couple: Dominic and Sabra dance the Rumba.
I’m really starting to like them. Sabra has really started to shine and Dom is just surprising the hell out of me. It was a smooth and sexy rumba.

6th couple: Neil and Lauren dance the Tango.
Last week I said that I wasn’t sure how I felt about them, well… this week, eh, I no like. There’s just something about them that doesn’t mesh.

7th couple: Hok and Jaimie dance Jazz.
This was the standout routine of the week for me. I haven’t really liked Jaimie and thought that the only reason she was still in the competition was because of Hok’s popularity, but shut my mouth cause the girl has got some skillz! She does this amazing Demi Plie that represents the blossoming of a flower… wow. If only she would like stop talking like so much that would be like great. And Hok, I just lub him. This choreography allowed him to show that he does have the technical ability for different dance styles. This dance was perfect.

8th couple: Pasha and Jessi dance the Cha Cha
My poor Pasha. He had to do an improve dance with former dance champion/choreographer Melanie because Jessi had to be taken to the hospital. Pasha was great, as usual, but I have to say that I’m upset because their rehearsals looked amazing and I was looking forward to seeing them dance as they are the other strong couple in this competition.
I hope that Jessi recovers soon.

I said it last week, and I’m saying it again. Cedric will be the male going home this week. Oh, but don't worry about him. It seems that super nice guest judge Debbie Allen is in love with him and has offered (via Nigel's suggestion) a dance scholarship to her studio. If Jessi isn't able to come dance for her life tonight, she will be eliminated from the competition.

*Thursday Night Results Show*
I was afraid something like this was going to happen after Cedric came out of his shell Wednesday night and spoke his mind after realizing that it was very probable he would should be going home on Thursday. It was the first time since competition that he was relaxed. I like Cedric, but he needs more training in different styles. I really don't think he deserves to be in this competition any longer. Two dancers, much better than he have been let go now and all I can think of is please, please don't let him become the Sanjaya of dance.
The judges said goodbye to Jesus and Jessi this week.

My thoughts on:
Week 2
Week 1



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer