Monday, July 9
Working Girl

Today's Monday Movie Moment is brought to by
Melanie Griffith and Harrison Ford in:


I’ve been looking for you.

Why? Do you know me?

No. I promised myself that when I saw you, I would get to know you.
You’re the first woman I’ve seen at one of these things who dresses like a woman. Not like a woman thinks a man would dress if he were a woman.

Thank you, I guess.

What are you doing here?

Actually, I’m looking for someone myself. His name is Jack Trainer.
He works at Dewey Stone. Do you know if he’s here?

Why are you looking for him?

Well, because I have a meeting with him tomorrow and I thought it might be nice to say hello and get a head start.

Well, he uh, just left.

Oh. Well, I should be going myself.

Well, have a drink with me.

I can’t. What’s your name?

No. No names, no business cards. No “you must know so and so.”

What is this?

No resumes. Let’s just meet like human beings, for once.

Well, it’s nice to meet you, whatever your name is,
but I really do have to go.

Please? Please… one drink.

Okay, one drink, but I’m buying.

Okay, but it’s an open bar.

Right. I knew that. I meant that if it wasn’t, I would be buying.

Uh, yeah.
Tequila Gold. Doubles.

Tequila.

Yeah. I promised myself that when we met, we’d drink tequila.
No Chardonnay, no frog water. Real drinks.
…..
…..
These things are usually so boring.

I wouldn’t know.

Power to the people.

The little people.
…..
Oh, boy, oh, boy, oh, boy, oh, boy, oh, boy.

Ha ha! Are you okay?

I’m fine. I’m just fine. I took a… um, antihistamine before, and it just makes for a nice little buzz.

Oh?
I didn’t know they let bad girls into these things.

Do I look like I don’t belong here?

No, no, I’m sure you’re a real ace at whatever it is that you do do.

Damn straight.

But how you look…

I have a head for business and a bod for sin.
Is there anything wrong with that?

No. No.



3 Comments:

Blogger SamuraiFrog said...

No. No, there's nothing wrong with that. You make sure you remember it.

Blogger Tumuli said...

Exactly. :)

Blogger Sherry said...


SamuraiFrog: I'll remember ;-)

Tumuli: Glad to see you back. Thought that you had left the blog world.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer