Thursday, July 12
So You Think You Can Dance, Season 3

*Results Update Below*

Week 4

Last week the dancers had a break with the 4th of July and let me tell you, oh man, the rest did them go-od! There were so many great dances this week (insert Mary scream here) that I don’t think I could narrow it down to just two favorites.
This week’s show also had some great special guests. The first being guest judge Adam Shankman, choreographer/director and executive producer for this years highly anticipated Hairspray.

First up are the absolutely awesome Lacey and Kameron with the Hustle.
Lacey is such an amazing dancer. She’s so versatile, a true entertainer, and has made every dance style look effortless. Her dance routines are consistently my favorite. I just love her.

Second are Shauna and Cedric dancing the Mambo.
Shauna is a great dancer, but she’s a little easy to overlook at times. The outfit for this number definitely worked for her though. After this dance, my opinion of Cedric has changed. He’s let his guard down, finally, and it shows. There’s an amazing heel toe footwork sequence were you can see that he, for the first time for me anyway, is enjoying this competition

Third up are my Anya and Danny with Contemporary.
They are the most elegant couple in this competition. The dance was beautiful. It tells the story of a woman asking to be forgiven. You can feel the connection and emotions of their relationship through the beauty of this dance.

Fourth up are Sara and Pasha doing West Coast Swing choreographed by current West Coast Swing champion and last years SYTYCD winner Benji with cousin Heidi (the other special guests of the night)!!! I actually screamed with excitement on seeing those two choreographing for the show that gave them a career. Benji, as he always did, stole the spotlight with his quirkiness.
This was Pasha and Sara’s first time dancing together after losing their partners on the last show, and based on this dance… they are going to be one of my favorite couples. Pasha was fantastic! There was so much of Benji in his dancing, and Sara, she is so much more than a B-girl. Oh, I just loved, loved, loved this dance. It was fun, the music was perfect and I got to see Benji and Heidi again!



Fifth to dance were Sabra and Dominic with Hip Hop.
The routine was choreographed by Shane Sparks who surprises me with these amazingly smooth, soft, emotional Hip Hop routines that he does. This was my other favorite dance of the night.


Sixth up were Jaimie and Hok dancing the Waltz.
Eh, I still don’t really like Jaimie. She has great lines and is a beautiful dancer, but I still think she should not be allowed to talk on this show, ever. This wasn’t a great style for Hok, but he’s Hok and I love him.

Seventh and last couple of the night was Lauren and Neil doing Jazz.
I like them more this week. I think it was because of the unique oddness that is Wade Robson choreography. Lauren finally seemed like a dancer instead of a snob who’s been gracing us with her presence and Neil… he finally showed everyone what a great dancer he is. He just became one of my favorite male dancers on this show.

*Results Show*
It's goodbye to Cedric and Shauna this week.
I'm wondering if Debbie Allen is going to make good on her offer to have Cedric enroll in her dance studio on a scholarship. My Anya and Danny found themselves in the bottom three again this week. I don't want to see them go so soon, I'd really like to see them make it to the top ten, but I guess I'll have to wait and see what America votes next week.

My thoughts on:
Week 3
Week 2
Week 1



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer